I’m working on a Bride of Frankenstein commission piece right now.
I started with the head first. It’s the most detailed and will take the longest.
Here’s the head attached to the armless body. I made the body out of fleece then wrapped strips of ripped cotton fabric around it.
I hope to have the arms, dress and base for her done in the next few days.
April 17, 2012 No Comments
I FINALLY started working on my mosters. I need to get movin’. This is the time of year I start thinking about the end of year shows, Art Unleashed, Halloween and before I know it it will be Christmas. From July till the first part of January things get pretty busy.
So I decided not to stuff these plush. I really wanted them to be square and have straight edges. Stuffing them would not have worked. So I made some boxes out of foam core and wrapped them.
Above pic of box cut out of foam core but not assembled.
All folded up. I didn’t even bother glueing it together. I just taped it shut. Not gonna see the tape so it doesn’t matter what it looks like.
Here’s a glimpse of what his face will look like in the end. Everything is just pinned in place.
So far he is super light weight. This will make for cheap mailing, which is GREAT! My stuff tends to be heavy which makes shipping expensive. So once I spend money on shipping and split the sales with the gallery I typically make very little or just break even. So I think I’m onto something with the foam core structure!!
June 17, 2011 No Comments