So one of my many projects is complete. I’ve been working on a set of doll clothes for my daughter for her 3rd bday. She’ll be getting this 18″ madame Alexander doll too. She’s not yet ready for an Am. Girl doll and I think they are a bit pricey.
I was able to use up a lot of fabric scraps I had laying around, which was nice. I hate parting with a descent size scrap. Now I have a use for them. I bought a few doll patterns but mostly used the original Am. Girl clothing patterns that you could purchase back in the 90′s. Now not available. I found PDF’s of them here. It might seem really tedious to some to make doll clothing, but I found it really enjoyable. To me it was kind of like mini costumes.
Next project i to finish up the bedding for the doll and make a doll storage box.
:::click image and then click image again to see larger:::
January 11, 2011 5 Comments